Sr. Data Scientist Software Developer Job6 months ago - Engineering - Buenos Aires
We are looking for a Sr Data Scientist
- Algorithms and ML applications for RNA-seq analysis and disease gene prioritization
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis while managing junior members
- Collaborate with PMs, bioinformatic scientist, and eng teams to better understand and devise solutions.
- Apply statistical data analysis to support experiments
- MS or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (i.e., computer science, statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, or related field).
- 3+ years of experience in the analysis and application of algorithms in biotech
- Familiarity with HPC, Hadoop, and Spark
- Experience in ML algorithms
- Experience translating technical or statistical analysis results into business recommendations
- Experience with scripting languages (R preferred)
- Experience writing bash/shell scripts
- Significant experience with ML, lasso regression and Bayesian probability and etc.
- Ability to work in an Agile team / environment
- Must have proficient written, communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience working with large data sets, splicing regulation.
- Data visualization
- Cloud computing exp (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon AWS)
ENV is a bio-info tech startup developing cloud-based solutions that uses AI / ML for Drug discovery, analyzing RNA sequencing data (CRISPR) with investors such as Microsoft and Breakout Labs.